Are your upper eyelids drooping lower than usual? That might be due to acquired blepharoptosis, also known as eyelid ptosis. Luckily, Premier Vision Care Optometry offers Upneeq as a treatment for ptosis, which can help to raise the eyelids and improve the appearance and function of your eyes.
What Is Eyelid Ptosis?
Eyelid ptosis (low-lying lids) is when the upper eyelid droops or falls lower than it should be. It can affect one or both eyes and can occur at any age. Various factors, such as aging, trauma, neurological disorders, or muscle or nerve damage, can cause ptosis. In addition to affecting the appearance of the eyes, it can also cause functional problems like obstructed vision, eye fatigue, or eye strain. Severe ptosis can sometimes lead to amblyopia, commonly known as lazy eye. It’s essential to seek treatment to prevent complications and improve your eyes’ appearance and function.
Ptosis Treatment at Premier Vision Care Optometry
What is Upneeq?
Upneeq is the only prescription eye drop that has received FDA approval for treating adult-acquired ptosis. It contains oxymetazoline, an active ingredient that stimulates the muscles that elevate the upper eyelids. The affected eye(s) are treated with Upneeq once daily, in the morning.
Evidence-Based Treatment for Acquired Ptosis
- Clinical studies have shown that Upneeq can produce noticeable improvements in as little as 2 hours after the first dose.
- In some cases, patients have reported a lift in their eyelids as fast as 5 minutes after applying Upneeq.
- 84% of patients demonstrated some form of improvement, while 74% experienced more than a 50% improvement.
- 87.8% of patients showed some form of improvement on the first day of treatment.
- After 14 days of treatment, 40.8% of patients showed at least a 50% improvement.
Upneeq Near Me in Lomita
If you’re experiencing symptoms of ptosis and are interested in exploring Upneeq as a treatment option, visit us at Premier Vision Care Optometry. Our experienced optometrists will evaluate your symptoms and vision needs to determine whether Upneeq is a suitable treatment option.
Don’t let ptosis affect your vision and quality of life. Contact us today to schedule an appointment and see a difference with Upneeq.
Saturdays are by appointment only.